Authentication of Credentials for International Use

Academic credentials are authenticated for different reasons. The most common is to obtain a visa in a third country. However, it has become common practice for a national’s country to require foreign degrees to be authenticated in the country where they studied, and to have it attested at the embassy of their own country. In some other countries certain government or private employers require academic credentials to be certified by the country where they studied. With so many professional people moving around the world we have found some cases where there is not an embassy post in which to legalize the documents where they got their degree. In those cases one of the few alternatives is to have them sent to Washington, DC where there are all the embassies from countries around the world. So bear in mind that academic credentials are authenticated for different reasons, and several countries have their own procedure.  Please send us an email request detailing the country and purpose, and we will send you the guideline to have your credentials apostille or legalized.

Degree from On-line Universities

In the past several years there has been an increase in the number of people who have received a university degree on-line. For authentication purposes, some embassies recognize on-line degrees, and some do not. If you have found some difficulties in authenticating this type of degree please send us an email.  We may be able to find an alternative solution.

College, Universities and Other Secondary Institutions

General procedure

Obtain an official copy of the credentials bearing the seal of the university from the registrar of the university. Request it for foreign use and have it notarized by a public notary, if the university provides this service.

Take the document to the secretary of the state and have it authenticated. If the country where the document will be used is a party to the Hague Convention, the secretary of the state will affix an Apostille Certificate and no further authentication is necessary. If the country is not a party to the Hague Convention, (Chain Authentication is required), the secretary of the state authentication office will affix a state authentication certificate.

Authentication by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, DC.

Legalization by the foreign consulate

Important Notice

As authentication specialists, UK DETC Services is in a position to have an answer to your attestation and legalization needs. We can accomplish this wherever you performed your studies or completed your degree. Through experience and the legalization of a great number of academic credentials, we have developed some means that may help to expedite the process. Email us and let us know your needs We will have the solution.


At UK DETC services we understand that timing is crucial and we will do our best to process you documents with the promptness of your situation. Hundreds of customers around the word can testify about of our timing and professionalism.


Document Authentication

·         Apostille or Certification

·         Attestation/Legalization by a Consulate/ Embassy

·         Authentication by the U.S. Department of State

·         Certification by the U.S.-Arab Chamber of Commerce

·         Certification or Apostille by the Secretary of State

·         Consular Services

·         Document Retrieval and Miscellaneous Services

·         Police report retrieval, certification & attestation at embassies

·         Reliable research to find any document

·         Executive Errand Services in the Washington , D.C. Metro Area

 ·         Notary Service

 For all enquiries please email us:


Copyright © 2013 - 2014 Distance Education and Training Council. All rights reserved.