Public Notice of Warning
A list of DETC-accredited schools on Warning is made public in accordance with Section X (D)(2), Rules of Process and Procedure, Standards of Accreditation.
In cases where the Commission has reason to believe that an DETC-accredited institution is not in compliance with accreditation standards and other requirements, the Commission may, at its discretion, issue a Warning to the school.
- A school subject to a Warning will be required to demonstrate corrective action and compliance with accrediting standards.
- The Commission may require a school to submit Commission-directed reports and receive on-site evaluation teams in conjunction with a Warning.
- Failure to demonstrate compliance with accrediting standards or other accrediting requirements by the end of the Warning period may result in the withdrawal of the school’s accreditation.
The following DETC-accredited schools are currently on Warning: (as of June 27, 2019)
- American College of Hairstyling – Des Moines, IA
- Bay State School of Technology – Canton, MS
- California Career School – Anaheim, CA
- Caribbean Forensic & Technical College – San Juan, PR
- Chicago Professional Center – Wheeling, IL
- Construction Training Center – Columbia, SC
- Delta Technical College – Ridgeland, MS
- Educational Technical College – San Sebastian, PR
- Fortis College – Centreville, OH
- Instituto de Educacion Tecnica La Reine – Manati, PR
- Mauna Loa Helicopters – Kailua Kona, HI
- Takoda Institute of Higher Education – Minneapolis, MN
- Western Truck School – West Sacramento, CA